Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Everything Happens for a Reason!

This past month has been a really trying month for me. For everyone that knows me they know I cry over everything. And I have done a lot of this this last month. It all started on August 22. The day I got sick. I went from having such a great life and having lunch with some of my best friends and the shopping with Josi to doubled over in pain all within hours. I was so scared cause I had never felt like this before. So after dealing with it for as long as I could my mom decided to have me go to the doctor. So my roomate, her mom , and sister took me to the instacare where I was for a few hours til they told me I had to get to the hospital. So Chantel and her family rushed me over to the hospital. We were all so worried this whole time cause we had no idea what was going on. The doctors were all thinking I had appendicitis but wouldn't know til after we did tests. After spending about 5 hours in the E.R. and doing many tests they still couldn't rule out appendicitis. They couldn't see my appendix because of fluid that was covering my appendix. But they knew something was wrong because my white blood cell count was way high compared to a normal count. The only thing we knew for sure was that part of my pain was from a baseball size cyst on my ovary. So the E.R. doctor referred us to a surgeon to do what they called an explatory surgery. The surgeon decided along with us that it would be best to go in and find out what that fluid was. So it was decided I would be having surgery that night. The surgeon still had another surgery before mine so I had another 2 hours to sit and wait and wonder. During that time I had some amazing nurses that took care of me. Especially Sam. She worked with my mom for a few years at the elementary school so it was way nice to see a familar face helping me and she treated me so good. I got lots of texts and phone calls wishing me luck and making sure I was okay. And I had an amazing blessing given to me by Chad (Jordans brother in law) and my dad. I am so grateful they were both worthy to give me one. And I was so glad I got to see Chad Laura and Parker before surgery. It felt like Jordans way of being there since he couldn't be because of work. I am so glad that his family cares so much:) But anyway I went into surgery at 930 that night and was in my room recovering by 1130. I was up and walking around by 1230 and finally got to eat and drink something after not being able to all day. I have the best roomates who brought me stuff to the hospital so my parents didnt have to leave and came to visit for a little while. Thanks Amber and Chantel you guys are the best!!! I also got a visit from Brittney! I was so excited when she told me she was working there that day and could take a break to come see me. It made my day. I felt so good while I was at the hospital and thought that everyone telling me how sore I was going to be wasn't gonna happen to me but boy was I wrong. The day after I got home I was so sore I didn't want to move and it was impossible to sleep. But when I was able to fall asleep I slept forever. I was super bummed this all happened because this was fair week. The one week I look forward to all summer long. So I was determined to go to the fair and that I did. I spent the whole week in a wheel chair but I was able to go! Everyday I was super sore when I got home but it was all worth it. I got to watch all of the stock shows, got to the rodeo, do some shopping, and eat some great fair food! Thanks everyone who pushed me around. But during all this I missed Jordan so much and wished he could be there to help make me feel better when I was feeling super down. But it never worked out so he could come. I thought that was bad but things there just got worse. Me and Jordan decided we were going to take a break. But we are still gonna stay friends and when he gets home from his mission try it all over again:) This couldnt have come at a worse time. Just when I was starting feeling better again I made myself sick again. It has been super rough on me. But I have had a lot of friends, family his and mine, and roomates be there for me. And now being off of the stupid medication that was making me sick and having everyone be there for me during this all I can say I feel better. Over the month when I went through all this I kept asking myself "WHY? Why is all this happening to me right now. I can't handle it." And on of my friends sent me this quote by Marilyn Monroe "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." and now everytime I wonder why I always think this quote. I truly believe everything happens for a reason.... we may not know the reason now but eventually it will all make sense why this has all happened to me. Also another quote that has really helped me that I wanted to post so I will always remember it when I go back and read my blog since I am using it as a journal. This quote has really helped me and I really believe its true "If god brings you to it, he will bring you through it." Hopefully I will have much happier things to talk about in my next post now.

No comments:

Post a Comment